About The Lancaster Crew
Things you may like to know.
The LANCASTER CREW
A Commemorative Ensemble
Despite knowing Bomber Command was suffering greater losses than any other division of Allied armed forces, all aircrew in the Command were volunteers; their pure courage, determination and devotion to duty is indelibly written into the pages of Royal Air Force history. For the very first time, anywhere, we offer collectors a unique Print Display with the original hand-signed autographs of a complete crew comprising ALL SEVEN positions in the most famous of WWII Allied bombers – the remarkable Avro Lancaster:
- PILOT: Air Chief Marshal Sir Augustus Walker DSO, DFC, AFC
- AIR ENGINEER: Warrant Officer Norman Jackson, VC
- NAVIGATOR: Flight Lieutenant John Benison, DFC
- BOMB AIMER: Flying Officer Bill Parker, DFC
- WIRELESS OPERATOR: Flying Officer Roland Hammersley, DFM
- MID-UPPER GUNNER: Warrant Officer Derek Tulloch, DFC, DFM
- REAR GUNNER: Flight Lieutenant Victor Azzaro, DFC*
By some miracle, this magnificent seven, these highly decorated young men who, while still in their 20s, defied the fearsome perils of the night missions over enemy territory when all the odds were stacked against them. Now they come together to form a complete Lancaster crew again, to provide what surely must be one of the most desirable, and potentially valuable WWII aviation pieces ever brought to the collector market. But, as one might expect, there is a very limited number of these unique Ensembles available, so the opportunity to own one of these rare aviation presentations yourself may quickly slip by.